Buddy Christ Dashboard Statue Right now


When I came across this on Amazon it brought back memories. To be honest I had completely forgot about Buddy Christ. After it jarred my memory I couldn't stop thinking about Dogma and the early Kevin Smith days. They just don't make movies like that anymore.

In any event, I had to order this. If not as a tribute to the movie, then an inexpensive toy to make people laugh. Buddy Christ really does cheer up the day. I got him on my car dashboard and everytime I get in it makes me crack out a smile. It's like he's literally saying, You're Awesome!

I can see how this toy might offend someone of religious nature. Although nothing on it strikes me as directly offensive, it is a slight mockery. Most people like to think of Jesus in the contemporary sense, he gave his life for our sins and we should respect him. Kevin Smith obviously thought it a better idea to revitalize Jesus in the modern eye as a dude who would just plain out let you know you're on the right path.

Whichever the result, as a non-religious person who isn't an aethiest but rather just unsure of his beliefs. I can honestly say I don't have any religious monuments in my arsenal of posessions. I never thought I would see the day that I would sport a Jesus statue, as a kid the concept of religion always bored me and as I grew older I never got much into it. So to me, this statue is a positive in that sense. Though I may not be thinking of Christ in the contemporary sense, at least I think about him now and he makes me smile.Get more detail about Buddy Christ Dashboard Statue.

0 comments: